CREATE THE PERFECT WEDDING PLAYLIST
The playlist for your big day will set the tone for your party, whether you’re going for an airy garden party or an all-out dance floor bash. If you’re having trouble choosing songs, we’re here to help with our top tips!
- Trust the professionals. You hired your entertainment because of their experience. We’ve attended so many events and know how to work the crowd! Give your band an idea of what you like by sharing your favorite genres and a few must-play songs. We can build the perfect set list based on your requests and read the room on the night to keep all your guests dancing.
- Don’t try to pick out all of the songs yourself. This is a huge task and the reason you’re hiring professional entertainment! We’re always available to talk through your favorite tunes and make sure we create a playlist that you and your guests will love.
- Select a variety of music. Your guests’ music taste will be all across the board. Your grandfather may be a Sinatra enthusiast while your 6-year old niece loves Taylor Swift. And don’t forget about Beyoncé or Bruno for your college friends or your dad’s favorite Classic Rock tune! We have a set list that’s proven to please guests of all ages and keep everyone singing along to the music.
- Match the playlist to the event, but don’t go overboard. If you’re hosting a tropical party, be sure to play some Beach Boys! Or maybe a Gatsby-esque party is more your vibe. That said, 1920s staples are unlikely to keep your guests on the dance floor if you play them on repeat. It’s always a good idea to highlight the theme by adding a few select songs to your playlist–your guests will notice the attention to detail but will have more fun when themed songs are mixed in with a variety of popular tunes.
- Use the music to help with the flow of the evening. The music for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all have different purposes and you can use the music to change the mood throughout the evening. Ceremony music tends to be romantic and sweet so the focus is on the main event: celebrating love! During Cocktail Hour, a jazz trio or acoustic pop covers will get things warmed up so you can kick things off with a bang for the Reception. Start the reception with a universally loved classic to get everyone out on the dance floor. More energetic dance-floor fillers throughout the Reception will have everyone singing and dancing, like Lionel says, “all night long”! We’re always here to help you decide where a favorite song or genre fits into the evening and can curate songs for each part of your wedding.
We are here to help you create the soundtrack for your special day and are experts at creating playlists all your guests will love. It’s your special night–don’t worry and enjoy the evening!